1. Paraphrase the following sentences using the Possessive Case.
1. The office of our manager is very big.
2. They will consider the proposals of Mr. Black at their next meeting.
3. This is, in the opinion of the critics, their best record for years.
4. The computer of Tom and Helen is modern.
5. We have not yet received the answer of buyers.
6. The working day of our Commercial Director begins at 9 o’clock in the morning.
7. Do you know the telephone number of the Petrovs?
8. My husband knows a lot about detective novels of Agatha Christie.
9. She put the wet boots of the boys near the stove.
2. Make the nouns in bold plural. Change sentences if necessary.
1. A copy of the contract was sent to London.
2. The last leaf fell from the tree.
3. The woman standing by the window is our secretary.
4. This shoe is too large for my foot.
5. “Is this worker an Englishman or a German?” — “He is a Frenchman”.
6. The mouse was caught.
7. What is the child’s name?
8. The roof of the house was covered with snow.
9. A potato is a vegetable and a cherry is a fruit.
3. Make the nouns in bold singular. Change sentences if necessary.
1. These factories produce furniture.
2. The wives of the sailors came to the shore.
3. I have hurt my feet and hands.
4. In the farmyard we could see oxen, sheep, cows and geese.
5. Do your teeth still ache?
6. These are my friends’ studies.
7. He keeps his toys in the boxes.
8. These ladies are those gentlemen’s wives.
9. The children are sitting on the benches.
1. Перефразируйте следующие предложения, употребляя притяжательный падеж.
1. Our manager’s office is very big.
2. They will consider Mr. Black’s proposals at their next meeting.
3. This is, in the critics’ opinion, their best record for years.
4. Tom and Helen’s computer is modern.
5. We have not yet received the buyers’ answer.
6. Our Commercial Director’s working day begins at 9 o’clock in the morning.
7. Do you know the Petrovs’ telephone number?
8. My husband knows a lot about Agatha Christie’s detective novels.
9. She put the boys’ wet boots near the stove.
2. Поставьте выделенные курсивом существительные в форму множественного числа. Если необходимо, измените предложения.
1. Copies of the contract were sent to London.
2. The last leaves fell from the trees.
3. The women standing by the window are our secretaries.
4. These shoes are too large for my feet.
5. “Are these workers Englishmen or Germans?” — “They are Frenchmen”.
6. The mice were caught.
7. What are the children’s names?
8. The roofs of the houses were covered with snow.
9. Potatoes are vegetables and cherries are fruit.
3. Поставьте выделенные курсивом существительные в форму единственного числа. Если необходимо, измените предложения.
1. This factory produces furniture.
2. The wive of the sailor came to the shore.
3. I have hurt my foot and hand.
4. In the farmyard we could see an ox, a sheep, a cow, and a goose.
5. Does your tooth still ache?
6. This is my friend’s study.
7. He keeps his toy in the box.
8. This lady is that gentleman’s wive.
9. The child is sitting on the bench.